Hello Autumn!





September has been very good to us this year. Warm, dry and sunny; more like Summer than Fall. We have been spending more time outside this month, soaking up these last fine days because the signs are all there in the fields and woods. There is a lot of activity among the birds and small mammals getting ready for the colder months. The Equinox is today, the 22nd, and with it returns the jetstream, or so the weather service says. So our long Summer is over. Wet, windy and chilly means its time to put away the shorts and sandals and get out the fell jackets and hiking boots.

I\'m wondering how soon is too soon to get my Halloween decorations out. Halloween isn\'t really celebrated here in England to the extent it is in North America, but I still enjoy decorating and carving a pumpkin. Trick or treaters are a rarity and with COVID squashing every holiday on the calendar, this year will be no different. I don't mind though. Its so cheerful on a wet Fall evening to have tea lights lit in pumpkin and ghost shaped holders. I have a new Fall candle that I started burning this week. I would never have paired pineapple with rosemary, but its really nice.

I've been busy with photo taking the past few weeks. I try to capture the changing seasons when I can. Fall is my favourite time of year and along with Spring, can be very short, so get out and enjoy it!

 
















Comments