February

February has arrived, heralding the last few weeks of Winter and days that are slowly getting longer. Its cold but sunny today and very pleasant to be out walking with Honey.

Last week was mild but heavily overcast most of the time and frankly, I prefer the colder temps if it means wall to wall sunshine all day. But while it was mild I took advantage of the chance to clean up the backyard and get the garden ready for Spring. 

Some conifers that were in pots have been put into the ground. They weren't doing well in containers so I hope the transplant makes a difference. I also got a camellia bush and put that in. They bloom only in late Winter and very early Spring, but my goodness they are so pretty. 

The mini daffodil bulbs I put in the ground last Spring have green shoots up and while on dog walks, I see the snowdrops are now in full bloom. I spotted some early crocuses on Sunday and soon the daffodils and tulips will be up. 




Marsh marigolds are showing now, though they are perhaps a bit early due to the mild Winter this year.


I don't appreciate a lot of things here in England, but one that does make the list is the shorter, milder Winters.  Back home in New Brunswick they are just coming out of a bout of seriously cold temps! 

Miss Honey hopes February is good to you, now walkies time.




Comments