Liz Earle Cica Restore Skin Paste


 Not a terribly nice name for what is a really outstanding product; skin paste .... Never mind, no one ever said I had a bent for advertising. I have been a LE fan for a long time. A tube of Cleanse & Polish is a staple in my cleanser rotation. 

While restocking a few LE products this month, the Cica paste caught my eye. The "cica" is actually Centella asiatica, a perennial herb native to Asia. Cica preparations are often used after cosmetic procedures such as peels and to help heal burns, wounds and post operative scarring. They are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich so make them worth a try if you have psoriasis or eczema.

Cica Restore is a highly moisturising mask hybrid designed to deliver intense hydration and reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. The instructions say to use it two or three times a week, but I've just used it twice in two weeks so its early days yet. Having said that, its pretty impressive, even on my 50+ skin. The surface is smoother and the pores less noticeable, even if the effect is temporary. I'm hoping with regular use, the temporary will become permanent.

It also makes a noticeable difference on my hands. After applying it to my face and neck, I massage any excess on my palms into the back of my hands. Dry hands are a perpetual issue for me so its not surprising that the skin on them positively drinks in the paste. The result? They look smoother and less, well, OLD afterward. Bonus! 

Ok, about the "paste" bit; the cream is in a tube and squeezes out easily like a paste, however it isn't sticky or greasy or has anything remotely "pastey" about it. This morning I woke up especially dry. I think its a combination of central heating and the weather having turned colder again. I used a thin application of the paste as a moisturiser after cleansing and now have a bit of foundation over it with great results. 

I have tried other cica creams in the past but found they didn't work for me for various reasons. Not the case with this one, I'm happy to say.


VERDICT: a definite repurchase!


Comments