The Peaklass

Today it's on again, off again pouring rain with high winds and bloody cold for the middle of April. Fortunately the poor postman, who is obliged to deliver regardless of the climate, had this for me. Something I ordered last week and here is how I found it.

I was scrolling through Twitter, trying to find posts from the people I actually follow and want to hear from, when I came across this account. Peaklass aka Suzanne Howard, is photographer, walker and writer who lives in the Peak District of England. The district is sandwiched between Manchester and Sheffield and includes the Peak District National Park.

I inherited a love of the countryside from my late father who was raised in rural New Brunswick and would happily up sticks and disappear into the wilds if I could convince my urban bred OH that not being able to get takeout delivery or fast broadband isn't really a bad thing. 

I looked at Suzanne's webpage and was entranced by her photographs of the district, taken at various times in the year. She knows every fell, hill and village and captures something very special in every photo. I call it a disappearing way of life.  Toxic tourism and overdevelopment puts pressure on places like the Peak District. I hope government at all levels recognise this fact and will continue to protect these wonderful areas of the country. 

Suzanne has turned her photographs into various things including cards, notebooks and wall prints. I'm a sucker for stationery so ordered one of the notebooks. It is spiral bound with an acetate cover on the front and back, lined and has twenty-four of her gorgeous photos scattered throughout the 140 pages. And I love her logo; the green background with a tree and hills, blowing in the wind.





The hubs and I have promised ourselves we will start doing more outings. We work far too much and see far too little of the world outside our front door and the Peak District is on my list of places to see very soon.



Comments

  1. Yes, that's a lovely notebook! Would make a good journal or a logbook for your own impending rambles in the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? That is an excellent idea!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!