Favourite Sun Protection


Despite my griping about how long its taking for the warm weather to settle in properly, I have started using more than my usual SPF-added moisturisers on my face, neck and upper chest and got out the full on sun screen.

I love the Monaco-based brand, Lancaster, and used their Sun Perfect illuminating cream last year and will again this Summer. Outside of the summer months, I like to add a dollop of it to my usual moisturiser to give my skin that nice touch of luminosity. Your glowy but not shiny. If the glow is a bit full on for your taste, any good powder or light bronzer is great for dialling it down around your eyes and on your forehead, nose and chin. 

This year I have also started using French pharmacy staple, Caudalie's SPF 50+ Vinosun. Its a lighter formula than Lancaster's Sun Perfect, but still gives you skin that light glow. I'm a big fan of the brand's Resveratrol-Lift range which I'm currently using, so I knew I would like their sun protection.

Supposedly any SPF over 30 doesn't make much difference, but I prefer SPF 50 as my skin has become a lot more sun sensitive as I got older. I have some small patches of pigmentation as a result of being slack about sun protection when I was younger so I don't want to make them worse or get more. 

Do you have a favourite brand? 




Comments