And Just LIke That, Summer Arrived

 


Its really humid today but fortunately the breeze, oddly enough, is still from the NE so its just about keeping it bearable. I'm not complaining. At one point it was looking like we were in for a repeat of 2013 when Summer didn't settle in until July. 

The only aspect of the season I find tiresome, though necessary, is having to layer up with SPF. Being fair skinned its necessary. The bathroom shelf has four kinds of sunscreen for face and two for body. 

I feel for Honey, who's thick coat is shedding like mad now. She's found all the coolest spots inside and outside the house and doesn't move much unless its walk time or meals. We go early in the a.m, with her before it heats up too much, then just a short one before noon. Keep in mind about hot pavements and your pet's paws. If its too hot for your hand, its too hot for their feet. I'm thinking I might get an inexpensive child's paddling pool for her. I don't know if she would use it, but she isn't keen on the cool mat we bought her last year. I think she dislikes the texture of it. 

Wherever you are, enjoy the Summer! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed! It will be Fall again before you know it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!