The Barbie Experience

 


Like a lot of pre teen girls from a certain era, I had Barbie dolls and all the stuff that went with them. I don't know how popular Barbie is now, but since her creation in 1959, Barbie and her world has captured the imaginations of millions of little girls (and no doubt little boys!). 

And now she's a movie starring the gorgeous Margot Robbie (I loved her as Harley Quinn) and Ryan Gosling. But she's more than a movie from what I've been reading. I picked up a thread on Twitter by Brand Strategist Moshe Isaacian and the Barbie marketing team have taken it to a Stars Wars level. Do you remember how merchandised that franchise was? 

The Barbie Experience goes beyond physical merchandise, some of which includes a Barbie-themed XBox with a replica of part of the Dreamhouse on top,



a Barbie car on the racing game Forsa Horizon and yes, the pink 1956 Corvette in the photo is real.


Mattel's Hot Wheels loves Barbie


Beyond the clothes, candles, cups, cosmetics, housewares etc.. there is something called the "Barbie Experience". 

Based in Los Angles, (they also are set up in Toronto) its the Dreamhouse where you can see everything Barbie, including a museum. Be prepared to love the colour pink. I'll admit I would love to go to this. I don't think you ever outgrow your fondness for something from your childhood that brings back happy memories. 

And if you think Barbie has no place in the real world, the trailer for the movie suggests otherwise. 


Have a very Barbie day!

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to this goofy movie -- it looks great! And yes, I have no doubt that Mattel will merchandize it to the MAX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I saw the trailer on YouTube.
    Yipp - I will see it in the cinema :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I'll be going to see this! I saw the trailer and it looks good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the trailer for this and it look great fun. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!