21 Days

Twenty-one days to what you ask. Until I'm out of Dodge for a month! I've had the same experience with Air Canada this year that I had last year ie: they dropped my connecting flight from Toronto on August 2nd. This means I have to overnight then catch a commuter hop the morning of the 3rd. 

I wouldn't mind so much but damn, how did the cost of a hotel room within a couple of miles of Pearson get so expensive? I'm sure its more than last year and you have to add in cab fare there and back. I've tried to get through to the airline to see if they will contribute towards the cost, but you're on hold til you die so I'm going to stay in the Premium Lounge at the airport until they close, then make do until its time to get on the plane to New Brunswick. 

My flight went up £300 from last year, but in Air Canada's defense, its the first real hike in ticket prices since COVID and I'm lucky to be able to cover it. Whether or not I can afford it next Summer isn't certain, but we shall see.

What I don't get is how hard is it to drop that particular connecting flight from the schedules? And while I'm ranting about my First World Problem, why are there no longer any flights from Heathrow to Halifax? I love that little airport, especially the lobster statue that wears the Nova Scotia tartan. And they have Adirondack chairs in all colours in the waiting area upstairs. Pure Maritimes.

Obligatory Tim Horton's in the background

My brother is in Fort McMurray, Alberta and they now have regular flights to and from Montreal. Go figure. He says its great not having to fly or drive to Edmonton/Calgary to get a flight to New Brunswick. I'll bet it is. When I fly home I like to get in as close to my home province as possible.

Now how about that lobster!


Comments

  1. That is one wild 'n crazy lobster! Yes, the price of everything has gone up and the service has gone down. I bet the direct flights from Fort Mac to Montreal are by WestJet. They're now offering direct flights from Edmonton to Halifax, I heard recently. Always nice not to have to change planes in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind Pearson, beats Montreal, but I prefer Halifax. If I go next year I may look at the other carriers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!