Seven Days!


The trip home commences this time next week. In fact, I'll be on the bus to Heathrow. Thankfully, work has slowed down after what has been a manic July. School finished last week (the school year in England is completely different to Canada) and families who can travel have. August is always a quieter month in private practice, so its a good time for me to be away. 

I have to say I'm especially looking forward to going back this time. Summer here appears to have ended in June, thanks to a stubborn jet stream, and I'm not ready to go back into long months of cold and wet.  And everything is just so .... weird? ..... its like the Western world has lost its mind and seriously needs to go somewhere quiet and just BE for a while.  I know that's what I'm doing. 

That's something I love about the Maritimes. The saying is that it takes twenty years for things to catch up there. Looking back over the last twenty, I'm of the opinion this isn't a bad thing. Its not a case of sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything is peachy. Its more living life a bit slower, exercising some tolerance and common sense and generally taking time to live in the day. 

Yes, everyone has problems. Yes, we face a lot of difficult situations, both as individuals and as a species. But it doesn't need to colour every minute of every day. 

Mark Twain said "when all is said and done, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did." 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!