Ten Facts About the Bay of Fundy

 


I subscribe to this blogger on Substack who call themselves Canadian History Ehx. I was really interested in the latest post on the Bay of Fundy. The Bay lies between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is big fun to cross on the ferry (not!). I spent a lot of time in Summers past around the Bay. My most lasting memory is how cold the water always is, even on the hottest August day!

Ten Facts About the Bay of Fundy include the origin of the name which I didn't know. It appears to be a corruption of the French word for split, fendu. Or possibly from Portuguese, funda, which means deep. 

Regardless, hop on over and have a read about this and other interesting history du Canada!







Comments

  1. We visited the Flower Pot Rocks the last time we were in the Maritimes! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!