Le Solstice

I know its meant to be spiritual and is the natural progression of life on this Planet, but the reason I'm happy to see the Winter Solstice arriving tomorrow is simply because we slowly start gaining longer daylight. This dark at 4 pm malarky is just not my thing. 

To see myself through December and January I have for a few years now, bought myself a pot or two of bulbs. Hyacinths in this case and some pots of cyclamen from the Fall. They have started blooming on the kitchen window sill and never fail to cheer me up while I wait out the Winter.




Comments

  1. Yes, more daylight is always welcome. Forcing bulbs for mid-winter blooming is a great way to keep a spot of beauty and joy as a daily reminder that winter will eventually end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of an autumn/winter person. I start getting unhappy when the clocks go forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!