End of January

 


January (and February) has never been my favourite month and this year nothing has changed on that front. Work has been a hassle, its obvious we are not going to be able to sell the house any time soon thanks to the dire state of the economy right now. So that means our plans to emigrate back to Canada are on hold indefinitely.

On the upside, I finally gave my notice at work and I will be retiring this July! I reached Canadian retirement age last year, but here in the U.K., the government moved the age for women to retire from 60 to 65 in November of 2018 then moved it up again to 66 in October of 2020.  That has been the cause of a lot of misery for millions of U.K. women and I'm so happy to be able to say I'm not one of them. 

We have decided to dig in, do some renovations on the house, nothing major, just things that will make it more appealing. We will relist it in the Spring and hope. 

And this Madam turned 6 today! If you can, get one. They are as much joy as they are a pain in the butt. 



Comments

  1. Nice that you have retirement to look forward to now. I hope your house sells in the Spring so you can come back to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We listed it last August but the market here is dead and who knows for how long.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!