Happy New Year!


We begin 2024 as we ended it here, pouring rain. Five weeks of this mess which thankfully is forecast to come to an end this week. Presumably the jet stream has decided even it's bored now and is moving on to rain on someone else's parade.

I have discovered TikTok! Yes I know, late to the party, but I'm really enjoying it and have started posting short videos there. Like all social media there are accounts on it that you don't want to see or hear from, so its just a case of paying attention and adjusting your feed.  

I don't do resolutions. I figure if something in your life needs changing why wait. Having said that, I'm determined this year to get a better work/life balance going. I'm looking at retiring this Summer provided something financial doesn't come up to keep me working another year. I work a lot right now and its a goal to get down to four days a week rather than five. Eight years of working from home, its more like living at work so I'm aiming to scale back and hopefully begin handing over to someone else.

Thanks for following my scribblings over the last twelve months and all the best to everyone in 2024!



Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Alison! I hope you do achieve your goal of retirement this year and are able to unyoke yourself from working from home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!