Mid February

 




The sun made a rare appearance today. It wasn't especially warm but if you were out of the wind, it felt great. I remember last February was exceptionally nice with dry, sunny days and very mild temps. There is lots of new growth appearing here now. The U.K. is about eight weeks ahead of most of Canada when it comes to Spring. The mini daffodils in my backyard have green shots up now, the peony too and my camellia shrub is starting to bloom.

I spotted that clump of daffodils in the first photo that were almost opened on the daily dog walk today. The snowdrops have been out for a while now and crocuses are out everywhere. That little wooden fairy door in the second photo I found while walking Honey a few days ago in Clewley Coppice in the industrial park we like to go to. The detail on it is wonderful and whoever made it, nailed it to the base of the tree very carefully.  

I am also keeping watch on a pair of mute swans who have set up house along the canal not too far from the house. I've been filming them and posting on TikTok. Hopefully we will see cygnets sometime in the Spring! 



Comments

  1. How charming and magickal to have come across that fairy door! Whoever put it there had a sense of whimsy alright.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!